Cut and paste in text

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Cut and paste in text

Postby pbacot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:03 pm

I've lost the ability to cut and paste text in standard text in PC. What's the trick here? Thanks, Peter
pbacot
millennium club

Re: Cut and paste in text

Postby Marté » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Peter,

Don't know if your experience is like mine but I can only cut and paste using keyboard shortcuts and only if I haven't tried to use the pull-down menu for text editing. Once I've tried to use the pull-down then text is no longer editable--period--and I have to restart PC to be able to cut and paste again. See this thread for more:

http://arch.designcommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37768

I've not found a fix other than this workaround.

Marté
Marté

Postby pbacot » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:57 pm

I have no problems with any shortcuts otherwise. But I see the edit menu is all grayed when I edit text and typing command-c just places a c in the text.

Thanks for the reply. This is on ML OS 10.8.3.

Peter
pbacot
millennium club

Postby Marté » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:14 pm

Yep, same here, 10.8.3 and grayed menu. I won't use the edit menu pull-down for anything as text editing is always immediately lost.

Marté
Marté

Postby sgladfelter » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm

Marté wrote:Yep, same here, 10.8.3 and grayed menu. I won't use the edit menu pull-down for anything as text editing is always immediately lost.

On 10.7.5 I loose text copy/paste functions (with same symptoms as what you all describe) occasionally, but using the pull down menus doesn't trigger it for me. I haven't yet discovered what causes it to happen, but will post if I figure it out in the future.

For me, a restart of PC always brings functionality back though, no safe-boot needed.
sgladfelter

Postby Marté » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:35 pm

As far as I can tell this problem has been fixed since I installed the 9.1.3 and Mavericks updates.

Marté
Marté

Return to PowerCADD Discussion