Tool tips

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Tool tips

Postby jimnlacy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:32 pm

I was wonderin'?...

Can someone share how they get PC to drop a tool and switch to the selection tool? A hot key would be great. I am forever fussing with this one. Especially with the leader text tool.

Also, is it possible to pick a tool and have it suck up the attributes of something on the drawing. Like a seed. Maybe a wish. But it would be a time saver.

Thanks,

Jim
jimnlacy

Re: Tool tips

Postby Marté » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:11 pm

In PC preferences, under "Tools" I have "Tools Fall out on Shift Click" toggled on. When I double-click in the drawing the tool deactivates bringing up the selection tool. I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have "Hybrid Click-Click" for Tool Click selected as well.

Marté
Marté

Postby Alfred Scott » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:15 pm

Take a look at Match.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby huc » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:28 am

jimnlacy wrote:Can someone share how they get PC to drop a tool and switch to the selection tool? A hot key would be great.

Jim

You answered your own question there :)

Just set a custom key command for the Selection Tool (PowerCADD menu > Preferences > Commands... > Tools)

That's been one that many have done for decades... a real time saver

Hope that helps
Cheers
Brian
huc

Postby patrickm » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:49 am

I set a key command ('q' for 'quit' which makes sense to my brain), to switch to the WT selection arrow.
patrickm

Postby jimnlacy » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:31 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'll figure something out based on your responses. Plus I will look at Match too.

Best,

Jim
jimnlacy

Return to PowerCADD Discussion