PowerCADD 10, for Entry Level Folks Like Me

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCADD 10, for Entry Level Folks Like Me

Postby PeteC » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:29 pm

I just read the PowerCADD's Future letter on the engsw website. I was glad to see the statement:

"We plan to offer the program in three levels: an entry-level drawing program with a basic set of tools and options, an advanced illustration program without architecture- and engineering-specific tools, and the full-featured CAD and illustration program you are all using today. Everyone should have one of these."

I am an "entry-level" user of PowerCADD and probably always will be. My former employer purchased PCADD for me, and though it was overkill for my relatively simple drawings, it was far better than anything else. Unfortunately I have PCADD 8 which I have not been able to get to work on OS 10.9 (Mavericks).

So I look forward to the entry-level version, and I hope it is affordable for those like myself that need it for occasional, light-duty use. I can think of others that might spring for an affordable version of PCADD.

So I write this to encourage engsw to follow through on this plan. I'm also curious what the "Pros" on this forum think of this plan by engsw.
PeteC

Re: PowerCADD 10, for Entry Level Folks Like Me

Postby jcarcht » Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:06 pm

The upgrade to PowerCadd 9 from 8 does not seem all that expensive, so why not look into it?
jcarcht

Re: PowerCADD 10, for Entry Level Folks Like Me

Postby PeteC » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:01 pm

jcarcht wrote:The upgrade to PowerCadd 9 from 8 does not seem all that expensive, so why not look into it?

I can get by with PowerCADD 8 on an older mac, until PCADD 10 comes out.
PeteC

Return to PowerCADD Discussion