PowerCadd Stopped Working

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCadd Stopped Working

Postby jimnlacy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi gang,

My go to tech crew. PCadd stopped working today. It won't load. Just locked up. I ran the updater and it did not solve the problem.

What's the best approach to uninstall and reinstall PCadd. Tried older back-ups etc. No love. There maybe a plist file that needs trashing. Heck if I can remember.

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim
jimnlacy

Re: PowerCadd Stopped Working

Postby jimnlacy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:51 pm

I deleted PowerCADD and reinstalled using my CDs and then updated. No love.

I may not be deleting everything that I need to for an uninstall.

Any thoughts?
jimnlacy

Postby jbsbco » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 pm

This happened to me about a month ago - out of the blue PC locked up on start screen. I had to force quit and start again but same result. I trashed PC preferences file and that did the trick.
jbsbco

Postby jimnlacy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:14 am

Where do the PCADD preferences live?
jimnlacy

Postby patrickm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:22 pm

To get to the PC preferences, click on your desktop, hold down the Option key, the click on Go in the menu bar at the top of the screen and select Library. Once the Library window opens, open the Preference folder that lies within it, after which you can see the various preference files. Most of the PC preferences start with "com.engsw", which makes them easy to find. There also is a folder named "PowerCADD".

If you drag those files to the desktop then restart PC, it will create new preference files. Unfortunately, you'll have to reset any customized settings you have, like key commands.

This is a reminder to always back up your PC preference files. I normally do it once a month or so, and I guess I'll do it again right now.

Good luck and let us know what happens,
patrick
patrickm

Postby jimnlacy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:48 pm

Patrick,

Thanks. I have had a rough patch with this. I needed up reinstalling Maverick and now Wild Tools won't run. It's in the loader, the folder in in the plugins. I give up
jimnlacy

Return to PowerCADD Discussion