Print dialogue crashing PowerCADD

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Print dialogue crashing PowerCADD

Postby nik_h » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 am

We're gradually updating our ageing Mac fleet to the current line of iMacs running OS X 10.9. We've run into a problem with PowerCADD. Some (but not all) drawings in PowerCADD will crash if you attempt to print. When you select 'Print' the spinning beach ball appears and keeps on spinning, the print dialogue does not appear and you have to force quit to get out of the software.

Changing "Page Mode" from 'Tiled Printable Areas' to 'Full Page w/Margins' fixes the problem temporarily.

I'm guessing there's a print driver clash somewhere, but none of our other software is affected (Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, etc). We're using the latest EFI Fiery drivers for our Konica Minolta C360 printers. Everything is a clean install on brand new Macs.

Anyone having similar issues or know of a solution?

Cheers,

Nik
nik_h

Re: Print dialogue crashing PowerCADD

Postby Alfred Scott » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:15 am

Nik,

It's always a good idea to open Apple's Console program and watch the error messages that are generated. This will often lead you to the source of the problem.

And looking at the crash logs, also.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby nik_h » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 am

Hi Alfred,

Many thanks for the quick response. I've taken a screenshot of the console when it crashes and have a copy of the crash log. They don't mean a whole lot to me, but I could email them to you if you're happy to have a look.

Cheers,

Nik
nik_h

Postby patrickm » Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:44 am

I had a similar problem in the distant past, and (to the best of my recollection) I solved the problem by deleting the printer, running Onyx for computer maintenance and restarting, then adding the printer again.

regards,
patrick
patrickm

Postby Alfred Scott » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:07 pm

Nik's machines are not crashing, they are hanging, which means the machine goes into a meaningless spin and then the system shuts it down. It's not a problem in PowerCADD and Patrick probably has the answer in deleting the printer and then adding it again.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby nik_h » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:24 am

Thanks Patrick,

I've tried the deleting the printer and using Onyx a few times and no luck. There must be some element of PowerCADD in the problem, as I can print fine from every other application.

Nik
nik_h

Return to PowerCADD Discussion