PowerCADD 9.1.4 v4 Available Now

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCADD 9.1.4 v4 Available Now

Postby Alfred Scott » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:10 pm

You should be getting a notice direct in PowerCADD that PowerCADD 9.1.4 v4 is available but Gatekeeper might prevent this, so you can just go direct to

http://www.engsw.com/powercadd-9-1-4-update/

This also includes the latest WildTools, which now has the ability to import shapefiles with Z heights. This is a BIG DEAL, since it means in many areas you can just download topo contours at no cost.

Crash logs coming in show a huge amount of crashes going on in PowerCADD 9.1.3. Everyone, absolutely EVERYONE should get to the latest 9.1.4. The crashes are for things that have been fixed in 9.1.4.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Re: PowerCADD 9.1.4 v4 Available Now

Postby ValmontR » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:29 pm

I downloaded this version this afternoon. It will neither open new files created by this version, nor will it open files saved 30 minutes ago in v3…

Cheers,
ralph
ValmontR

Postby stuyarch » Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:50 am

Just downloaded the update and tested a few files. No immediate issues with this update that I could see. Looks like you might have a conflict from outside PC.

Thank you for keeping us updated Alfred.
stuyarch

Postby patrickm » Fri Feb 05, 2016 11:52 am

I did have to input my install codes for this latest update, so make sure you have them handy...
patrickm

Postby BaughbLabs » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:50 pm

I have to open existing files from within PC with this latest update
BaughbLabs

Postby Don MacNair » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Overall, this version of PowerCADD is really nice to work with. Thank you Engineered Software and Alfred! However, I have been experiencing some erratic behavior opening dwg files. I am using 9.1.4 v4 and every time I attempt to open a dwg created in AutoCad 2013, PowerCADD freezes up. Previously I have been able to open any dwg 2010 and earlier. To get a dwg above version 2010 I would open in DraftSight and save to v2010. This has worked well and eliminates the need to ask my clients to do this for me. With this version of PC, it freezes almost everytime. It's odd because I can open some files but not others.

Additionally when I double click on a dwg file from outside PC, I get this message, “PowerCADD” is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?" I click open and nothing happens.
Anyone out there having the same experience? Unfortunate for me, my workflow is somewhat dependent on opening dwg files.
Don MacNair

Postby patrickm » Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:17 pm

I've been having crashing problems when editing Advanced Caption Text via the edit window (command-e). I sent this to ES:

I’ve run into a problem:
I have some advanced text in a file. If I use command-E to open the edit window, PC crashes everytime I close the window. If I double click into some advanced text without opening the edit window, it doesn’t crash (however I can’t adjust tabs, etc).

This happens in both new and existing files and appears to be unrelated to which font I am using.

(In my email to ES, I should have stated "advanced caption text", not just "advanced text")
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-02-11 at 1.49.04 PM.png
Last edited by patrickm on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickm

Postby patrickm » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Upon further investigation, my Advanced Caption Text edit crash problem seems to be related to "styles". There might be some issue with my defined styles. I'll investigate further...
Last edited by patrickm on Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
patrickm

Postby patrickm » Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:22 pm

patrickm wrote:Upon further investigation, my Advanced Caption Text edit crash problem seems to be related to "styles". There might be some issue with my defined styles. I'll investigate further...

Just got an email from ES saying they are on the case -- very impressed with their responsiveness!
patrickm

Postby patrickm » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:47 am

Man is it hard to teach an old dog new tricks: as long as I edit Advanced Caption text by double clicking on the text, it doesn't crash. If I use command-e or select "edit" from the edit menu, it crashes. I know this, but I still hit command-e about 20 times a day without thinking.... Using PowerCADD is just second nature after 20+ years, so it is hard to change my normal way of doing things.
patrickm

Return to PowerCADD Discussion