PowerCadd v5 rough week

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

PowerCadd v5 rough week

Postby jcarcht » Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:32 pm

First, I had to go about correcting a text table problem. OK, V5 appeared to get that right.

So now that I downloaded V5, now it has been unusually difficult to open documents from my directory.

Sequence:

Go to file folder & directory
Double-click document with PowerCadd logo on it. Note that this document was developed and saved in PC9.
PowerCadd opens and the dialog box which asks me to either "Choose a template" or "open an existing file."

This is BS, folks! When you announce an upgrade, get the damn thing right@!@!

I run:

iMac Mid 2011 w/ 16 GB RAM
PowerCadd 9.1.4 v5
jcarcht

Re: PowerCadd v5 rough week

Postby huc » Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Interesting and no doubt frustrating!

Just to be thorough, does this happen every time you open a file by double clicking in the Finder, or only the first time you launch PowerCADD?

For example:
On my machine, if PowerCADD 9.1.4 v5 is NOT running and I double click a file in the Finder I get your results. However, once PowerCADD is running (i.e. I don't quit), double clicking to open a file in the Finder works as expected: The file simply opens and I don't the stationery dialog box you described
huc

Postby jcarcht » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:30 pm

huc wrote:Interesting and no doubt frustrating!

Just to be thorough, does this happen every time you open a file by double clicking in the Finder, or only the first time you launch PowerCADD?

For example:
On my machine, if PowerCADD 9.1.4 v5 is NOT running and I double click a file in the Finder I get your results. However, once PowerCADD is running (i.e. I don't quit), double clicking to open a file in the Finder works as expected: The file simply opens and I don't the stationery dialog box you described

This is Exactly what happens!

IN previous issues of PowerCadd, when PC was not running, I'd double-click a filename in the Finder, and both PowerCadd and the file would open. Just like any other program.
jcarcht

Postby jcarcht » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:48 am

Well, the issue of the Trim With Objects WildTool has been resolved- it's now a part of the latest NewTools palette.

Thanks Alfred.

Now...... to get PowerCadd to open like any other program!
jcarcht

Return to PowerCADD Discussion