Topo Tools Section Profile Tool

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Topo Tools Section Profile Tool

Postby Don MacNair » Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:38 pm

My question has to do with the profile created using the section profile tool. I checked the manual and didn’t find any answers, hence the message. The profile is always shorter the section line. I am looking at large swaths (line of sight distance of 5000' - 10,000' across contours) so it makes a difference in the accuracy of the profile. As an example, if I draw a section line say 1,596.35’ from the start to the center of the lable circle, the profile created measures 1,439.24’, end to end. I noticed this because some of the topo information was missing on the ends of the profile.

Is there a rule (distance from ends of the section line) I am missing. Maybe the key is to not start at a viewing point but extend the section beyond both ends. In this case I need accuracy, so that may not be the best solution.

Anyone have any thoughts. (actually, is anyone reading this these days? It is disturbingly quiet)
Don MacNair

Re: Topo Tools Section Profile Tool

Postby Alfred Scott » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:25 pm

Don,

As I recall, the length of the chart is the length of the intersection points of the lines with the topo contour lines.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Re: Topo Tools Section Profile Tool

Postby Don MacNair » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks Alfred I'll check into it further. I am working at 100 scale so there is a ton of data.
Don MacNair

Return to PowerCADD Discussion