High Sierra

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

High Sierra

Postby poolvibe » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:49 am

Anyone running High Sierra yet?
poolvibe

Re: High Sierra

Postby Alfred Scott » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:17 pm

Frank,

We don't know of any problems.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby jmmanrique » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:57 pm

The OpenClip Doesn't work in High Sierra.
jmmanrique

Postby CJH » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm having trouble with it and Fonts. Times Regular will not work, and any font that was Bold now when printed to pdf is a black blob.
Any suggestions?
CJH

Postby David Jones » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:26 pm

I have the 2017 iMac with a 2TB SSD drive, which I updated to Max OS 10.13. Latest PowerCADD works OK but I also have the Times font issue . It looks to replace the Times font with something else. If you try to revert to Times when the document is opened, the text blocks are blank. If you select Times New Roman, all is well. I could produce a satisfactory pdf with Times New Roman as well.
If the fonts in the drawing don’t include Times, all is OK.
David Jones

Postby David Jones » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:44 pm

I noticed that MS Word and Pages are working normally with the Times font including with pdfs created.
David Jones

Postby Alfred Scott » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:57 am

To track down OpenClip problems, please visit www.openclip.net, and download OpenClip Viewer app and most of the basic files.

There is a problem with Wacom drivers which don't work. Updates are indicated for late October.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby patrickm » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:46 am

CJH wrote:I'm having trouble with it and Fonts. Times Regular will not work, and any font that was Bold now when printed to pdf is a black blob.
Any suggestions?

I'm having a font problem with Helvetica. My bold text is no longer bold. This is similar to a problem I had a year or two ago (and still have, in fact) with Avant Garde. These font problems are getting irritating.
patrickm

Postby poolvibe » Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:46 am

Just an FYI... my Blossom custom tool palette won't load or function. not sure if its a permissions thing or what..
poolvibe

Postby robmunach » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:25 pm

poolvibe wrote:Just an FYI... my Blossom custom tool palette won't load or function. not sure if its a permissions thing or what..

Ugh, that is a huge showstopper for me to upgrade. I am also really worried about Acrobat 9 Pro and Sheepshaver Emulator
robmunach

Postby patrickm » Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:39 pm

patrickm wrote:
CJH wrote:I'm having trouble with it and Fonts. Times Regular will not work, and any font that was Bold now when printed to pdf is a black blob.
Any suggestions?

I'm having a font problem with Helvetica. My bold text is no longer bold. This is similar to a problem I had a year or two ago (and still have, in fact) with Avant Garde. These font problems are getting irritating.

I am really having font issues. If I edit any Advanced Text items (paragraph text, detail bubbles, elevation bubbles, etc) that contain the Avant Garde font, PC crashes. A simple solution would be to not use Avant Garde, but I have 20 years of plans based upon this font, so it is difficult to make a major font change without creating a huge mess.

I have my structural note sheet composed of columns of Advanced Text notes. I was able to create a work-around by creating a custom Pages page size that matches my column width, copying and pasting the text into the Pages document, then printing a PDF of the Pages file, and Placing it into PC. Similar to the old days publish/subscribe, but I have to manually update the placed images if I revise the notes. I'll have to rely on this work-around until I solve the issue.

I do not have the crashing issue with the old style text, just Advanced Text.

I keep searching for a new replacement font that keeps similar line/character spacing as Avant Garde, so that I won't have to reformat too much when I do find that replacement font.
patrickm

Postby poolvibe » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:47 am

Another update...

Advanced Text just crashes when editing no mater what....

I have lost "Trees and Shrubs". Have no Idea where they went....
poolvibe

Postby patrickm » Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:29 pm

patrickm wrote:
patrickm wrote:
Any suggestions?

patrickm wrote:I'm having a font problem with Helvetica. My bold text is no longer bold. This is similar to a problem I had a year or two ago (and still have, in fact) with Avant Garde. These font problems are getting irritating.

I am really having font issues. If I edit any Advanced Text items (paragraph text, detail bubbles, elevation bubbles, etc) that contain the Avant Garde font, PC crashes.

{snip}

I keep searching for a new replacement font that keeps similar line/character spacing as Avant Garde, so that I won't have to reformat too much when I do find that replacement font.

Admittedly, I know nothing about computers or computer programming, but I have a vague recollection of something similar happening a long time ago, maybe when PC made the transition from PC8 to PC9. Whenever that was, there was an issue with text "bounding boxes" or some term like that. My gut feeling is that this current problem seems similar.
patrickm

Postby poolvibe » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:54 am

I can't place any images or pdf's without crashing as well, so the list so far....

Fonts
Advance Text Tools
Blossom
Placing Images
poolvibe

Postby bdmiller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Balloon text tool will close Powercadd.
bdmiller

Next

Return to PowerCADD Discussion