High Sierra

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Re: High Sierra

Postby bdmiller » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:11 pm

This is a follow up. When I switched from Helvetica to Ariel it works fine
bdmiller

Postby patrickm » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:17 pm

I do think there is something screwing going on with PC and fonts. If I open Font Book and turn off most fonts, when I open PC, lots of fonts that are not active still show up in the font list. That's a sign to me that something isn't right with the way PC is handling fonts.

Previously, I thought the advanced text issues that I was having (i.e. PC crashing when Advanced Text items are edited) was related to my use of Avant Garde font. Now, it appears PC crashes regardless of which font I am using. This is huge and really causing me problems.
patrickm

Postby patrickm » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:55 pm

I just ran one more test, thinking my Advanced Text crashing problem might be related to old preference files. I quite PC, using Font Book I disabled all fonts except for system fonts, removed PC preference files, ran Cocktail and cleared font caches and did the maintenance scripts, restarted, booted up PowerCADD and input my install codes, then used Advanced Text and PC still crashed. I am hoping there is a way for me to downgrade from High Sierra to Sierra until this problem is fixed.
patrickm

Postby poolvibe » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:08 pm

Yeah hopefully there are updates to PC in the works. I feel like I am back in 2002 without Advanced Text and my Blossom Tool Palette. :twisted:
poolvibe

Postby patrickm » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:17 pm

I'm in the process of downgrading from High Sierra back to Sierra, via Time Machine, so I can resume being productive. Next time I'll remember to clone my drive prior to upgrading.
patrickm

Postby Alfred Scott » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:57 am

We now understand the problem with the Balloon Text tool. It’s a case of a standard bit of programming dealing with the Text tool attributes, which the Balloon Text uses, where the programming is becoming outdated and needs a modernization. We’ll get it fixed.

Alfred
Alfred Scott
millennium club

Postby poolvibe » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Thank you Alfred... Hopefully similar fixes for Advanced Text and Custom Tool Palettes...
poolvibe

Previous

Return to PowerCADD Discussion