Problems with DWG Files Saving

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Problems with DWG Files Saving

Postby BILLGORE » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:30 pm

Our office is having Problems trying to save DWG files. We are getting an Error Message that is Saying Invalid input. This Problem seems to be getting worse and happening on multiple machines. We are Running Powercadd and Wildtools 9.1.5 with OS X 10.11.6

Anyone got any suggestions. this makes it hard to exchange files with consultants running Autocad.

Thanks,

Bill
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 11.44.56 AM.png
BILLGORE

Re: Problems with DWG Files Saving

Postby jcarcht » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:25 pm

Check your procedure:

Mine goes like this:
1. Save as....filename.DWG
2. Check options button...write version drop-down window... mine sets to 2010
3. Click OK to close "Write Settings" window
4. Click Save to save file
5. Write Options window opens. Select "Visible Layers". That's the only selection I've been selecting.
6. File should save.

Note the following with DWG files:
1. Depending what text you use, text may come out misaligned. I find this to be less of a problem if one uses Arial font.
2. File size could be an issue. Sometimes big files (say 20MB or so) have trouble translating.

Hoping the above works for you.
jcarcht

Postby jcarcht » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:27 pm

While I'm at it.....
it would be nice if I were able to save an entire project as DWG and have each sheet in my document saved as a DWG file. Right now I find myself saving individual sheets as DWG's. That is a laborious process.
jcarcht

Postby BILLGORE » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:44 am

I figured out the issue with our DWG files.
If you enter the options area for saving a DWG file and then click on settings, then click on extract from active Drawing, then try to save, we get the error message.

Sometimes on smaller drawing files it works ok. If we have a project and it has items or drawings that were imported from a manufacturer, such as door details that were done originally in Autocad it will kick out the error message when saving as DWG.

So our processes for the office is to never extract the layer colors from the active drawing.
we just select the auto cad Version 2010 and hit save and it does fine so far.
BILLGORE

Return to PowerCADD Discussion