High Sierra and Custom Tool Palettes

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

High Sierra and Custom Tool Palettes

Postby ValmontR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

Greetings.

I've been using High Sierra for a month on my main computer with almost no problems. Today I figured out why sometimes PCADD's menus go grey—my Custom Tool Palette has changed into a normal window with a close red dot and handle to change the size, and the tools cannot be selected. When cycling through windows this now counts as a window, but when it is active nothing else works in PCADD. This happens on my laptop as well. Strange…

Ralph
ValmontR

Re: High Sierra and Custom Tool Palettes

Postby Paul H » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:09 pm

ValmontR - What's the age and hardware of your Mac? I want to upgrade but waiting for the dust to settle. I'm currently running the first 15" MacBook Pro w/intel Core i7 processor w/Touch Bar. Hesitant to upgrade to High Sierra because PCADD my primary application.
Paul H

Postby ValmontR » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Paul,

I'm using a 3 year old iMac with tons of memory and SSD storage, i7 processor, and the very latest High Sierra beta, although this was happening before I changed to beta builds. The laptop is a 4 year old MacBook Pro with similar specs.

Ralph
ValmontR

Postby Paul H » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Thanks Valmont, I decided to jump into it last night. Photography is a passion for me and I don't want to be dependent on Photoshop anymore and the last Apple Photo was totally inadequate so Ive been using Apple Aperture for years to organize. The new Apple Photo is pretty terrific so I jumped in and tested PCADD and all is working without a hiccup so far. I include all the above info for those who have similar interests and are holding back.

However, I'm running current hardware and software which may make a difference, and I don't know if it does, but so far I'm a happy camper.
Paul H

Return to PowerCADD Discussion