Drag circle by center?

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Drag circle by center?

Postby Charles Freeborn » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:44 pm

I fully expect to do a forehead slap with this one...
How does one drag a circle or eclipse by it's center to position / move?
Thx
Charles Freeborn

Re: Drag circle by center?

Postby David Scott » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:43 am

Charles,

Hold down the 'c' key then move the cursor to the edge of the circle until the centre point 'lights up'. (Still holding the 'c' key) click-and-drag away and the circle will follow you to your placing point.

David
David Scott

Postby Charles Freeborn » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:16 pm

the center "C" lights with both cursor or keyboard command, but when I attempt to re-position the circle by it's center it changes to selection tool.
I assume it's a setting somewhere.
Charles Freeborn

Postby phansford » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:36 am

I have the Move window open all the time. I typically move a circle using the "mouse" command from the Move window.

You have to select the object, then using "C" (snap key for center) to "grab" the circle and move it to its new location. I will then use another "snap" command to place the circle exactly where I want it. ie: "E" (End), X (Cross), "C", are typically the commands I end up using to place the object where it needs.

I hope I explained that clearly enough.
phansford
millennium club

Return to PowerCADD Discussion