Lost Files on Crash

Discuss PowerCADD and WildTools in particular,
and related architectural drawing and drafting topics in general. Moderated by Artifice in cooperation with Engineered Software.

Lost Files on Crash

Postby KEITHRENTON » Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 am

Help!

I've now had 2 situations in the past 24 hours when on saving a drawing file PC has crashed and the drawing file completely disappears. I've searched my entire system including unhiding all files and there is no trace of the drawing file. On opening PC under "open recent" the file is shown with a waste basket against it and if selected a pop up windows states "the file could not be located at this time would you like to find it".

The drawing file was started with a blank drawing that I use as a template and have been using for years without any issues. Any help would be appreciated. I have a crash report if that would assist.

Keith
KEITHRENTON

Re: Lost Files on Crash

Postby patrickm » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:35 pm

Personally, I've never experienced anything like that and I can't offer any help, but it might help it we new what operating system, etc, you are running.

regards,
patrick
patrickm

Postby Derek » Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:34 pm

Keith,

I haven't ever seen this problem either but in these situations I always run First Aid on my drive(s), just in case there is an issue there.

It's possibly a problem with Permissions on the folder where you're saving the file so it might be worth checking that too.

And of course there is the age old advice: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Derek
Derek

Postby KEITHRENTON » Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:37 am

Hi

Latest versions of PC and Wild tools on imac running 10.11.6 El capitan. On advice of UK PC retailer I've now reset PC and so far, touch wood, no repeat of the problem.

Regards

keith
KEITHRENTON

Return to PowerCADD Discussion